When it comes to passing a drug test, using synthetic urine is a brilliant solution if you really need to pass and are out of options to be clean to actually pass.
But finding the best synthetic urine kits to pass a drug test can be tough. The top-selling brands, the most marketed, are actually not the most effective. But how do you know which fake urine to trust?
In this guide, I’m going to tell you everything you need to know about finding the best fake pee brand and using it to pass that important drug test.
I’ll do full synthetic urine reviews, and each will cover these three top brands in detail:
- Clear Choice Quick Luck Premixed Synthetic Urine
- Clear Choice Sub Solution Synthetic Urine Kit
- Test Clear Synthetic Powdered Urine
But I will also cover the warnings and issues of using synthetic pee. The situations where you shouldn’t use it, the things you will be told which are actually not true, and how to prepare and use fake pee in the right way so that you do not get caught.
When Can You Use Fake Pee For Drug Test?
If you’re facing urine drug tests, then it’s vital you understand what sort of drug test you are facing.
Let’s clear up one myth first. There is a misconception that there are different levels of scrutiny that your sample will face. Meaning, this idea that someone can pay for a higher level of analysis, which will be more efficient at spotting fake samples.
This isn’t true. You pay for more panels, to look for more substances, and that’s it. The processes the companies use are standard, no matter how many panels have been commissioned. Most drug tests are 5-panel tests, which are the easiest to pass.
The reason is simple. If there were different levels of scrutiny, and you were subjected to a different level by another employee, and you are then stacked, it would open up a legal minefield.
When you are told you are going for a urine drug test, there will be three types you could face:
- Unsupervised tests. This is the vast majority of drug testing. You will be behind a screen, or in a different room when you submit your sample. Nobody will be directly observing you, but you will potentially be searched (not intimately) before you submit your sample to minimize the chances of smuggling anything in.
- Supervised tests. This is where someone will be in the room with you. But they won’t be directly observing you. They are there as a deterrent, making it incredibly difficult for you to switch to a fake sample.
- Observed drug tests. This is sometimes used interchangeably with, or mistaken for, the supervised test. An observed test is very rare because they are directly looking at you urinate, literally watching it come out of your body. This is only done with permission, and for certain circumstances legally.
Really, you can only use fake pee for an unsupervised drug test. Now, let’s move on to the next section, where I will discuss the dispensing methods that are problematic and will probably get you caught if you try to use them during a supervised drug test.
WARNING: Things You Don’t Do: Bladder Bags, Urine Belts, Prosthetics
People will tell you that you can pass drug tests even if it's supervised with fake pee. The idea is always that you can smuggle in using a urine belt or bladder bag. This distributes the urine around your body in a slim belt, that would be undetectable unless they literally make you pull down your trousers/pants.
The idea is then that you submit in a natural sitting or standing position using a tap and tube dispenser, or a full prosthetic penis if you are male.
The thing is though, none of these methods is realistic. As a woman, or a man, fiddling around with a tap dispenser while someone is in the room, is pretty damn risky. There are so many moving parts and it’s unlikely you will get it right.
Likewise, a prosthetic penis is not going to fool anyone who even glances at it. It’s not something that is going to fill many people.
Then, you have to think about how it will dispense the synthetic urine. Will it look and sound natural? This is highly unlikely because it simply won’t exit the tube in the way that it exits the body.
- To summarize all that:
- The risk level rises dramatically
- It won’t fool anyone who looks directly at you
- Standing or sitting will still be unnatural in movement
- It won’t look or sound like natural urination
- You could still get detected by a search
- Searches are more rigorous for supervised drug testing
Therefore, you should not be using synthetic urine if you are facing a supervised/observed drug test, or if it’s unsupervised but you don’t feel you have the confidence to submit the sample without panicking. But what are the alternatives.
Best Alternatives To Using Synthetic Urine For Drug Tests
If you’re facing a supervised/observed drug test, or you don’t think you’ll have the confidence to successfully submit a fake sample, then your alternatives are limited, but still effective.
1. Use a detox drink
Your first option to pass a urine drug test is to use a high-quality detox drink like Rescue Cleanse. You’ll need to do a natural detox for at least 48 hours before the day of your test to really make it effective though.
So, you’ll detoxify your body for a couple of days to squeeze out as many drug toxins as possible, leaving your body with fewer toxins moving through your kidneys and out via your bladder on the day of your test for the detox drink to deal with.
Then, 90 minutes before your test, you drink Rescue Cleanse and urinate several times to clear out your bladder. It accelerates the speed toxins leave the body, leaving a gap in the toxin flow that will allow you up to four hours clean to submit your sample.
But if you are a heavy user, or it doesn’t work effectively, then you could still get caught out. That’s why fake pee for supervised tests is the best option.
2. Do a complete detox
If you have a week’s notice or longer, you can do a natural detox and accelerate it with high-quality detox pills called Toxin Rid.
Toxin Rid speed up the removal of toxins from the body by a minimum of 50%, and often much higher. Therefore, even as a daily weed smoker, you could be completely clean to pass a drug test in seven days or less.
Even if you can’t get completely clean, doing this and masking the rest of the detox drink on the day of your urine test, is still a great strategy. The detox drink, full detoxification, or the combo I’ve just explained, are your only real option if it’s a supervised test.
How Complex Does Synthetic Urine Have To Be To Pass A Drug Test?
One of the big misunderstandings is exactly what is looked for when you submit your sample. I will cover that in detail in a moment.
But what you have to understand is that your sample is not fully analyzed during normal processing. So they don’t look at it and realize that things are missing, they don’t literally spot synthetic urine that way.
All your synthetic urine sample has to do is look good enough, and pass the validity checks, that’s it.
Therefore, synthetic urine only really has to be this complex to pass the initial checks and get to the stage of being analyzed for drug metabolites:
- Should look like urine (and preferably froth and smell like it)
- Must be balanced for pH range and specific gravity range
- Should contain basic compounds such as creatinine, urea, and uric acid
- Definitely has to be submitted within the correct temperature range (between 90°F and 100°F)
- Cannot contain biocide preservatives
So it’s vital to understand that your sample doesn’t have to be an exact replica of human urine. It just has to satisfy the key elements looked for during validity checks to then be passed on for an analysis of drug content.
Here’s What Happens When You Submit Your Sample During A Drug Test
To understand how to submit fake urine, and what qualities it needs to possess to pass a drug test, you have to understand the process a sample goes through.
Here are the steps your sample will go through when you submit it:
- Within two minutes of you urinating, they have to check and record the temperature on the side of the sample cup. Human urine exits the body within a very narrow temperature range, but to allow for two minutes of cooling, any urine sample that is between 90°F and 100°F is legally acceptable. Therefore, it’s vital that you submit it within that temperature range, otherwise it couldn’t be a human sample.
- The next step is validity checks. Whether it’s an electronic eCup system, or it’s done manually by a human, there will be a dipstick test where the sample is tested against panels to see how they react, to look for the basic validity of the sample, and any of the main flags that it could be a suspicious sample.
- A valid sample then goes through an immunoassay test. This is usually a physical test where it’s tested against panels (the panel drug test). The only difference between drug tests is the number of panels the sample is tested against to see if they react. If any do, then you will test positive for that substance.
- If the sample fails validity checks, or there is human suspicion on the sample (it doesn’t look right, for example), or it tests positive for a substance, then it will go for a full gas chromatography–mass spectrometry analysis. This is where all fake urine will fail (even the best synthetic urine for sale), but it’s incredibly rare that it would get to this stage. This is not always the case though, as I’ll explain in a moment.
Fake Pee Must Pass The Validity Checks
Forget all the nonsense you will see in marketing talk about synthetic urine being used to calibrate drug testing equipment.
That’s simply not true. The only drug testing equipment it could calibrate is the full gas chromatography–mass spectrometry analysis, and they certainly don’t rely on third-party fake urine to calibrate high-quality scientific machinery.
The only standard for fake urine is that it passes the validity checks, and is submitted within the correct temperature range. As long as it does that, it will be passed for an immunoassay where it will obviously test negative for all substances.
Validity checks usually look for the following characteristics and problems:
- Creatinine content levels
- pH range
- Specific gravity range
- Presence of urea (rare)
- Presence of uric acid (rare)
- Presence of adulterants (things like nitrates)
In addition, if a human conducts the test (not an eCup test), it could come under extra scrutiny if someone is suspicious. They could look at it against the light, they could smell it and could shake it to see if it froths like real human urine does, which froths in the way it does due to containing albumin.
As long as your fake sample passes the validity checks, then it will be passed on to be analyzed for the presence of drugs.
I will just say though, that sometimes they don’t pass a sample that failed validity checks for a full gas chromatography–mass spectrometry analysis. That’s expensive and not universally done by all drug testing companies.
Instead, they will do a second round of validity checks on another batch of urine from your sample. If it fails again, then the sample is flagged as invalid and you automatically fail the test without further analysis.
Do Not Use These Poor Quality Synthetic Urine Brands
As you can see, it’s crucial to pass the validity checks and to have a sample that stands up to human scrutiny.
The thing is, cheap synthetic urine brands simply don’t have the quality to resist both of those things.
These are the brands of fake urine for sale that are popular, and often recommended, but in modern drug testing, simply do not have the composition to get past the validity checks and/or human scrutiny:
- Magnum Synthetic Urine Kit
- Urine Luck
- U Pass Synthetic Urine Kit
- Monkey Whizz
- Quick Fix Premixed Synthetic Urine
- X Stream Urine Kit
- Simply Golden Kit
- Clean Pee
- Golden Flask
- Simple Solution
- Smart Choice
In terms of how they look, and the basic composition, Monkey Whizz and Quick Fix would be your best chance of passing if you cannot get your hands on genuinely high-quality synthetic urine.
However, they are both basic formulas, which can struggle to stand up to visual scrutiny (they definitely don’t smell froth like urine), and they also both use a heatpad to keep them within the correct temperature range. Heatpads can be very unreliable.
Now you understand what happens during a drug test, how it’s scrutinized, and the characteristics fake urine needs to pass, alongside knowing which brands don’t allow you to submit a sample that can achieve all that, let’s talk you through synthetic urine reviews for the top three brands that will pass.
Synthetic Urine Reviews
The top 3 Synthetic Piss Kits, That Actually Work And Pass Any Urine Tests:
1. Quick Luck Pre Mixed Synthetic Urine - The Best Synthetic Urine Kit 2023
If you’re looking for the absolute best fake urine kit then Quick Luck is the product you need.
However, it is also the most expensive by a significant margin. Quick Luck costs around $100, which is $15 more than the second-best, and $50 more than the third-best synthetic urine product.
Compared to something like Quick Fix at $39, it’s more than three times the price. But as with anything in life, you get what you pay for.
So, when you pay for Quick Luck, you are getting the best synthetic urine for the following reasons:
- Looks, froths, and smells like normal urine
- Contains 14 chemicals found in human urine
- Contains the right amounts of creatinine, urea, and uric acid
- Perfectly balanced for both pH and specific gravity
- Comes with heat activator powder and a heating pad as well
- longer Shelf Life
- Quick Luck perfectly mimics human urine
What you’re getting then is the most complex fake urine kit on the market. It’s premixed, as you don’t even need to hydrate it to use it. This makes it perfect for on-the-spot/short-notice drug testing.
The second reason it’s perfect for on-the-spot/short-notice drug testing, and indeed all drug testing, is the fact that it uses heat activator powder rather than a heat pad.
Usually, you need to activate the heating pad, attach it to the sample and hope it kicks out the right amount of heat for long enough to keep the sample within the correct temperature range. That’s a real lottery.
The heat activator powder that this top synthetic urine product use is pure genius. You simply tap in about one-third, shake it gently until it dissolves (leaving no trace), and watch the temperature strip rise.
If you need to tap in a little more, do so, with the goal of getting it as close to 100°F as possible without going over.
You don’t need a microwave, you don’t need to transport it with a heating pad attached, and right before you go to submit your sample, you can ensure that it’s well within the correct temperature range, giving you around 15 minutes (longer in warmer environments) to submit a sample that is both complex and within the right temperature range for human urine.
With Quick Luck, you even get a pair of thin and high-quality heat pads as well. So, you could wrap those around the sample, which would leave less work for the heat activator powder to do, and maintain the temperature for longer.
However, that’s a luxury, and you don’t really need the heat pads; it just gives you another option for employing the perfect strategy to get the sample within the correct temperature range for a slightly longer time, should you need to.
Overall, Quick Luck is the perfect product, and synthetic urine reviews that don’t rank it the best are simply trying to sell you a different product.
On the downside, it is expensive, costing $105. The other two products I’m going to review are almost as good but are cheaper, so there is a choice if this is above your budget.
2. Clear Choice Sub Solution Powdered Synthetic Urine Kit
Clear Choice makes a second fantastic synthetic urine brand, called Sub Solution. It’s actually been the best-selling brand for years, and the most trusted.
The only reason that Clear Choice Quick Luck is now the preferred choice, is because it’s premixed synthetic urine. Sub Solution is powdered synthetic urine that has to be hydrated with filtered water. That’s an additional step which means it can’t be used for on-the-spot drug testing.
But, if that’s not a worry to you, then saving $15 on the price to get exactly the same urine, but not premixed and not with the heat pads, will be a great decision.
These are the reasons why Sub Solution is one of the best synthetic urine products for sale:
- The number-one bestseller for 20 years
- Trusted by thousands
- 14 chemicals found in urine
- Perfectly balanced for pH and specific gravity
- looks, froths, and smells like actual human urine
- Contains creatinine, urea, and uric acid in the correct balances
- longer Shelf life like than cheap synthetic urine kits
- Looks, froths, and smells like real urine
- Uses heat activator powder to maintain temperature
Put all that together, and you’ve got a highly complex fake urine that will pass pretty much any level of scrutiny.
Again, just like Quick Luck, it employs the fantastic heat activator powder, rather than relying on a heating pad.
Tap in about one-third, shake the bottle of mixed-up urine gently and watch the temperature strip on the side carefully. If you don’t see a reading, add a little more until you do. It’s really that simple to get granular control over the temperature sample.
3. Test Clear Dehydrated Urine Kit (Real Urine)
If you’re on a budget, and you can’t stretch to Sub Solution at $90, then Test Clear powdered urine kit is a budget third choice.
As a dehydrated urine in powdered form, it needs to be hydrated. Just like Sub Solution, you should only do this with jug-filtered water, as tap water and spring water/mineral water contain things that are not found in real human urine.
Test Clear powdered urine kit is $50, so $40 less than Sub Solution. It’s the best of the budget brands, and far better than things like Quick Fix. These are the reasons why Test Clear is one of the three best synthetic pee products:
- Contains all the basic ingredients looked for during validity checks
- Contains the right balance of creatinine, urea, uric acid like natural urine
- It’s perfectly balanced for pH and specific gravity
- Looks, froths, and smells like actual urine
- Uses a pair of high-quality heating pads to maintain temperature
This is not as good as Sub Solution and Quick Luck in terms of its composition. It has all the basics to get through basic drug tests.
But it’s not quite as complex. If you want the best insurance policy, then Sub Solution or Quick Luck would be your choice.
You’ve got the extra step of it being in powdered form. So, like Sub Solution, it’s not liquid urine, it's not suitable for short-notice/on the spot drug testing.
It also uses heat pads, rather than excellent heat activator powder. But they are the best on the market. You get two of them, and they are thin. Once activated, they are self-adhesive and can stick to each side of the vial bottle, kicking out a steady heat.
Even if one of the heat pads fails, then you still have the insurance policy of the other one kicking out enough heat to get it close to the correct temperature range.
Then, just before you go to submit your sample, if you check the temperature strip and it’s too cold, just make sure you have a flask of hot water with you, so you can warm it up slightly before you submit your sample.
Overall, if you’re on a budget, then the Test Clear brand powdered urine kit is definitely a good choice are just $50.
How To Use Synthetic Urine To Pass A Drug Test (Full Instructions & Top Tips)
Now you understand all about the characteristics of the best synthetic urine kits to choose from, let’s quickly talk you through passing drug tests using one of these products.
- The first step of preparing the sample is to hydrate it with water if using Clear Choice urine or Sub Solution. If you’re using Quick Luck, you can skip this step.
- Before you leave, you could microwave the sample to get it close to the correct temperature range. With Quick Luck, you could then also use the heat pads if you want to maintain that temperature. For Clear Choice urine you will have to microwave it, and then use the heat pad to maintain the temperature.
- Make sure you put on two pairs of underpants, baggy jogging bottoms, and a top that also complements the jogging bottoms so that you don’t look suspicious.
- On arrival, just before you go into the building, check the temperature of the sample. For Clear Choice urine, if it’s cooled, you’ll need a hot water source to heat up. For both Quick Luck and Sub Solution, simply tap in a small amount of heat activator powder, shake it gently to dissolve it, then watch the temperature strip, repeating this step is necessary to get it within the correct temperature range.
- Then, tuck the warmed sample between the two pairs of underpants, so that it is close to your body for heat, and is disguised by the baggy jogging bottoms. For unsupervised drug testing, they will not touch you intimately, they can pat you down generally, and they can make you remove hats, bags, and coats, but they can’t tap your crotch area or tell you to pull your pants down.
Where To Find The Best Synthetic Urine For Sale
Hopefully, this quick guide on using synthetic urine to pass a drug test has been helpful to you.
These are the places to buy the best synthetic urine kits we have discussed:
- Quick Luck can be bought from Clear Choice, through their web store at Test Negative. It costs around $105.
- Sub Solution can also be bought from Clear Choice, again purchasing it through Test negative. Sub Solution costs around $90.
- You can buy Test Clear powdered urine direct from the Test Clear website. Costing only $50, it’s definitely the best of the budget fake pee brands.
Synthetic Urine FAQs
Is Synthetic urine Unisex?
Yes, fake pee is unisex. In standard drug testing within the USA and pretty much all other countries, they cannot test DNA contained within the urine, they cannot do any testing for sex or anything else beyond checking its validity and testing for drugs.
How Easily Can Fake Urine Be Detected?
As you’ve learned in this article, fake pee can only be detected if it’s poor quality, or if you submit it outside the correct urine temperature range. As long as it’s complex enough to fill the validity checks and warm enough, then it will not undergo any further scrutiny.
Can I Use Someone Else’s Urine?
It’s definitely not recommended to use someone else’s urine. How do you know it’s clean urine? Even if it’s clean, you’ve still got the problem of keeping it from spoiling before you submit it, and submitting it within the normal body temperature range. It’s far better to use one of the best synthetic urine kits instead.
Is Synthetic Pee Unisex?
Yes, synthetic urine is unisex. This is an important point to make clear right here.
It is illegal to test DNA during a standard urine drug test in the USA, and most other developed countries. Therefore, it is impossible to tell the sex or identity of the person who submitted the sample during a standard drug test.
How Long Is Synthetic Urine Good For Once Opened?
Once opened and prepared, fake urine will last about six hours at room temperature, but this will be shorter in hot environments. If kept in the refrigerator, it can last up to 24 hours.
However, I would never recommend you prepare your sample more than two hours in advance of your test if possible. The fresher the fake urine is, then the less chance there is of something making it start to deteriorate, which could allow easier detection by the lab.
How Long Does Urine Stay Fresh?
Real urine spoils in about 12 hours at room temperature, often less if it’s warm. Even in the refrigerator, you would be lucky for it not to start spoiling within 24 hours. Even then, you’ve still got the problem of warming it up and submitting it within the correct temperature range. However, I don't recommend freezing synthetic urine!
Does Labcorp Test For Synthetic Urine Products?
No drug testing lab looks specifically for synthetic urine, including LabCorp. They do validity checks which look for adulteration, and they look for basic compounds found in normal urine. If they don’t find it, it means it’s a fake urine sample.
But can the test detect synthetic urine?
The only way lab could spot fake pee would be to do a full gas chromatography–mass spectrometry analysis on the sample. That’s expensive and time-consuming, which is why it’s not usually done.
The only thing that they do look for to try and spot fake urine samples is to test for the presence of biocide preservatives by doing validity checks. As more than half of the brands on the market use these types of preservatives (even though the brands all know they can be detected), then that rules out 50% or more of the fake samples.
A good quality brand like Sub Solution or Quick Luck will not contain biocide preservatives, and both contain 14 chemicals found in urine, making them very difficult to detect.
How To Make Synthetic Urine?
It’s really not worth making your own synthetic urine. It is perfectly possible to do it. But you will need a lot of specialist ingredients, which are not cheap and would have to be bought in far larger quantities than you would need.
They would then have to be mixed perfectly, and the resulting urine kept in a sterile environment. You still also have the problem of submitting your fake pee sample within the correct temperature range. Heating synthetic urine is where most fail.
It’s far better to choose a brand like Quick Luck, Sub Solution, or similar, which are better than anything you could make it home.
What Is Synthetic Pee Made Of?
Synthetic Pee is made with many of the things found in human urine. It’s not as complex, but it’s designed to contain the things that the lab validity checks test for the presence of.
So, it has to be balanced for pH and specific gravity. It also has to contain creatinine, albumin (which makes urine froth), urea, uric acid, and a couple of other key ingredients.
The problem is that most fake pee doesn’t even contain those basics. The only products which contain everything and more are Sub Solution and Quick Luck, which both contain 14 compounds found in clean human urine
Is Synthetic Urine Legal In All States?
The laws vary dramatically between states on the legality of buying, selling, and using fake pee. In some states, the sale of it is actually a class I felony, as they claim it’s enabling people to pass Department of Transport and federal drug tests, which can have dramatic effects.
There are laws completely banning fake pee in 18 states currently, with laws passing through the House and Senate to other states as well.
The 17 states where it is either illegal to sell fake urine, or illegal to use anything other than your the spot own urine sample are: Florida, Illinois, New Hampshire, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia, Arkansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Wyoming, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Jersey.
How To Hide Synthetic Urine?
The best way to hide synthetic urine is to tuck it between two pairs of underpants. Then, put on baggy jogging bottoms and a similar top to complete the look.
You may be searched. They can’t touch you intimately though. They can pat down pockets, make you open bags, remove hats and coats, and stuff like that. The only time you would be searched fully is if it was a supervised drug test, and you would know that in advance and not even think about using synthetic urine.
One tip for me is to not use synthetic urine products that require a heatpad. That adds extra bulk that you have to disguise. This is yet another reason to use Quick Luck or Sub Solution , the two best synthetic urine brands on the market because they use heat activator powder rather than a heatpad
How Much Synthetic Urine Do I Need For a Drug Test?
The minimum amount you can submit is two ounces.
What Are The Best Synthetic Urine Kits?
The best-selling synthetic urine kit is Quick Luck. Highly complex, it contains 14 chemicals found in human urine. It will pass those validity checks and allow normal immunoassay to be done without suspicion. It basically looks like drug free human urine.
Quick Luck is also premixed, not powdered urine for convenience. This, alongside the heat activator powder, allows you to get the temperature of the sample in just 90 seconds, making it perfect for an on-the-spot urine drug test as well.
Quick Luck is expensive at $105. Sub Solution synthetic urine kit costs $90, and is exactly the same, but is not premixed liquid form. It's a powdered urine kit, which means you will have to hydrate it using filtered water. This makes it slightly less easy to use, and if the $15 difference is important to you and you won’t face on-the-spot/short-notice urine tests, then it’s just as good.
The information does not constitute advice or an offer to buy. Any purchase made from the above press release is made at your own risk. Consult an expert advisor/health professional before any such purchase. Any purchase made from this link is subject to the final terms and conditions of the website's selling as mentioned in the above as source. The Advertising Agency and its downstream distribution partners do not take any responsibility directly or indirectly. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the company this news is about.
Advertising and Marketing by: